Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Twitter/ Identi.ca Project Ideas Part 2 ( AutomatedAgileDents )

so project 2.. which is the more sensible idea.  AutomatedAgileDents (initial wiki drafts).

Let's consider this in part parts.  


Part 1.  Input source:  Lets say identi.ca and twitter initially.  Identi.ca has more practical applications since it can be hosted internally.  (and is actually usable for itch I want to fix). 


Initially I was thinking of just a time management plugin/tool.  Given a user's public feed, in a specific format say:  Project: Task : Comment   which would account for the user's current task being worked on.  Or alternatively we could use the !group tag.  Though establishing hierarchy would be difficult. 


And a given a time period for example....   1 day, 1 week, etc... fetch all the the tweets and format them appropriately. 

Part 1 problems:  Ideally, I'd like to find something I can use where the user can write a simple template file that the core program would use to establish the parsing rules it will use when reading tweets. 


Part 2:  is the core program, takes in all the tweets, strips out what's not needed, and formats in the appropriate format.


Initial API that is more fitting to our needs? 



Part 3:  is the transport....   for my case i'd like the tweets matching the my user's info... for the time period .. maybe provided in my own in house API



Web Service Transport:

You could in theory have multiple transports.. so I can register a web service API that receives my message...  and pushes it to the appropriate host, translating it to JSON, XML, or whatever format is needed.  (example..  Tweet I need to see the doc on Sunday, push a web service request to your dentist requesting an appointment)


Wiki Transport

Format content according to <insert markup language> and publish to wiki.. or email to listserv.



(S)FTP:

Take the text, format it in... <choose format> and push to site.



Notes:  Do we want to have a pre-processing ?  Format my messages as MarkUp?  LaTex?  HTML?   

No comments:

Post a Comment